At Your Service: Defining Deacons
Passage: Acts 6:1–6:7
In order for the church to stay on mission, the Lord has wisely and providentially established the office of Deacon.
As a church plant we embark on many “firsts.” And now we get to, for the first time in our church’s life, nominate and select deacons.
As members of CBC it will be your job to nominate individuals for this office, but to help you do that we begin this mini-series that will explain why church structure is important, what deacons are called to do, and what character traits deacons are to exemplify.
Part 1, we look at seven truths about what a deacon is:
- Deacons Are a Crucial Solution
- Deacons Are Humble Servants
- Deacons Hold a Formal Office
- Deacons Help Pastors
- Deacons Take on Specific Tasks
- Deacons Have Discerning Wisdom
- Deacons Can Be Both Men & Women
More in Service in the Church
October 15, 2017Godliness Before Giftedness