April 13, 2020
News and Updates
Pastoral Q+A this Sunday
This Sunday, we are having a Pastoral Q+A from 5-6pm on Zoom. Please feel free to submit ANY question or topic for conversation. What do we need to talk about as a church family? You can submit questions anonymously here.
- Zoom Meeting ID: 916 397 6744
- Link: https://zoom.us/j/9163976744
If you miss the sound of the CBC body singing like we do, listen to this set that was recorded at Hiram Johnson three weeks before quarantine. It has the sound of the chairs and everything.
Planned Parenthood Outreach Update
Saints, this last Tuesday was an intense day of ministry at Planned Parenthood. One couple was confirmed to change their mind on abortion, and at least three people who said they are at PP to get an abortion left without getting one. At least three people total heard the whole Gospel. We want to know if you can help by:
- Serving (Tuesday, any time)
- Practical Resources. For the the three people that we made connections with on Tuesday, we know about the following needs:
- The young couple that decided to keep their baby made a unique connection with Tatyana Zayets, and they could use some help in find a home, a job (for the 18yo male), and transportation. Please contact Tatyana if you might have an idea.
- A twenty-something father was laid off recently from a plumbing/remodel job. He did not respond to the Gospel, but shared the prayer request to “not become homeless” since he got laid off. He was on the phone with a staffing agency while waiting outside. If you might have a lead, please contact Ben Ito.
Alternatives Pregnancy Center
As an update, Alternatives Pregnancy Center (alternativespc.org) was formally added as an evangelism partner of City Bible Church back in February. They have been an integral part of our "success" at Planned Parenthood, and we love their ministry because they preach the Gospel to every client. Our church supports this ministry financially as they have supported us in providing medical services and proclaiming the Gospel to the women we have referred to them.
Church family, if you are in need, we want to remind you that there is a form located here and on the Quarantine Page, to help you communicate your need. Please. If you are in need, your members desire to love you.
The Family Devotional
Tonight (Friday), we are doing a Family Devotional for you and your children unpacking what was taught in the Sunday School Video. View the details and signup here, or go to our Children's Ministry Page.
Because of Resurrection Sunday Upcoming, please note the April Prayer Meeting Schedule:
- Sunday, April 19 | 5:00pm Pastors Q + A
- Sunday, April 26 | 5:00pm Prayer Meeting
Please submit items for prayer, and Zoom Login information here.
ICYMI (In Case You Missed It)
Quarantine Care Package Page
As a reminder, we have centralized our primary resources for remaining connected in Quarantine, including the following devotionals by our Pastors. You will find them at https://citybiblesacramento.com/quarantine.
Saints, for Group Messaging between Members, we want to highly recommend the Telegram App. Click the image below to view details to download it.
Church Center App
Computer (Coffee) and Counsel
The Coffee and Counsel time has been temporarily moved to Saturdays, from 9:00am to 10:00am on Zoom. Please register here to be included on updates.
Did you know that one of the easiest, and most passive ways you can help the advance of the Gospel, is by interacting with our Church social media presence (and other ministries). Even a simple "like" will help put our posts in the view of your non-believing friends.