October 28, 2019
We rejoice in the public proclamations of Jesus Christ as Lord by the six individuals who were baptized on Sunday! Congratulations Ella, Julia, Katherine, Pauline, Marcia, and Igor.
Prayer and Outreach
Martyn Lloyd Jones said, "Prayer is the hardest thing to do in the Christian life." Ben Ito said, "Evangelism is the hardest thing to do in the Christian life." Perhaps the best answer is "yes," and be encouraged that our Church highly values both- especially as a body. This past weekend, we had the Roseville Galleria Outreach, Prayer for Members (Recap Here), and Service at Union Gospel Mission.
The Gospel Centered Family
Time is running out to sign up for our Parenting Conference! If you haven't done so, think about more people than just yourself. Maybe you know someone who needs the Gospel, and who also has children. These topics will stir great conversation between you and them.
Men's Event: Training Elders to Shepherd the Flock
Deadline to sign up is now (there is a hard deadline this Saturday). Men, on November 23, we are joining the Coalition for Christ Exalting Churches (CCEC) to participate in their training event with Dr. John Street. This event includes books, resources, and food, and is completely FREE to you unless you don't sign up in time (After this week, registration costs 10,000 talents)
- Halloween | This Thursday is the best day of the year for door-to-door evangelism. Every house with a porch light on will usually open the door, and they will even give you (and everyone with you) a piece of candy just for preaching Christ to them- it's amazing. If you are looking for ideas, please contact Ben Ito.
- Arden Fair Mall | Friday, November 8, 6:00pm to 9:00pm.
ICYMI (In Case You Missed It)
Did you know that the songs we sing together are listed in our CBC Spotify Playlist? You can catch up on all the song we have sung together over the past 18 months :)
Mark the Date
- Friday, November 8 | Men's Round Table
- Saturday, November 9 | Ladies Treasure Swap
- Sunday, November 10 | Ministry Fair
- Sunday, November 17 | Ordination Service
- Saturday, December 7 | Christmas Dinner (for Church Family Only)
One of the easiest, and most passive ways you can help the advance of the Gospel, is by interacting with our Church social media presence (and other ministries). Even a simple "like" will help put our posts in the view of your non-believing friends.
Coffee and Counsel
Every Sunday Morning from 8:00am to 9:15am. Come hear the Bible applied to a variety of scenarios, and see how the "wisdom of the world" falls short. Sign up by clicking the photo below.